When the Community Development Team first came in to post in April 2010 they were keen to ensure the best possible way to build capacity in the Copeland communities and this involved working with partners.
The team over the next three years want to see community groups in the area apply for more funding, create sustainable projects and also build the skills needed to carry out the funding application process. Over the next few years the reduction in public sector funding will mean more pressure on communities making change for themselves and they will need to become more robust and resilient.
The Community Development Team are meeting with partners on a quarterly basis to identify partnership working opportunities and ways to support communities, they include:
- HOME group – www.homegroup.org.uk
- Cumbria CVS – www.cumbriacvs.org.uk
- AGE UK – www.ageuk.org.uk
- ACTion with Communities – www.cumbriaaction.org.uk
- Cumbria County Council Neighbourhood Development Team
- Copeland Borough Council – Regeneration Team www.copeland.gov.uk
- Cumbria Community Foundation – www.cumbriafoundation.org
- Cumbria Association for Local Councils – www.calc.org.uk
- Social Enterprise Start up Advice- Winspan Consulting – www.wingspan-consulting.co.uk
- Action for Children – www.actionforchildren.org.uk
- Copeland Disability Forum
If you are an organisation that would like to work with us please contact the team on 01946 598352